Senior Product Manager - Cloud Platform (12586) Newark, California
RMS is building a Cloud Platform from SCRATCH using the most exciting cloud technologies based on virtualization, scale out architecture, elastic databases, high performance grid computing and Hadoop. We are proud of our energetic and positive culture that is a balance between technology and academia.
At RMS, we have big ideas around big data. We seek candidates that rise to challenges with the curiosity and mental dexterity to analyze and solve complex problems. We look for professionals who will bring a fresh perspective and a desire to make a huge impact. Let us know if this is your dream job.
RMS is looking for a product manager who is passionate about data and wants to build innovative data management and integration software. We are looking for a product manager with experience in data integration and data management software and a passion for building new products and bringing new innovations to the market.
As the Data Integration Product Manager, you will join a growing team of data product managers and your contributions will have a substantial impact on RMS’ roadmaps for NextGen suite of capabilities. If you are passionate about databases, data warehouses, data integration and mining, joining RMS will put you in a unique position where you will be able to use these skills to drive new innovations in the insurance industry. You will lead key decisions that shape RMS’ NextGen integration strategy. You will define the data integration framework that internal and external systems will use to transact with RMS’ NextGen platform.
- Lead the design of key RMS’ NextGen suite of capabilities such as Data Integration, Adaptors, Import/Export formats, Data Migration Strategy, and Data Mining.
- Become well-versed with the RMS domain model and client requirements for data integration, within tight deadlines
- Guide consulting teams on early adopter clients’ data integration engagements. Develop necessary collateral to inform the consultative work.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs, translating business needs into prioritized product requirements and own the data integration roadmap.
- Participate in cross-functional teams made up of people from software development, QA, product management, modeling, and internal/external design panel to design and deliver high quality solutions through multiple releases.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a product management, business analyst or technical consulting role with minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience working with data formats, data normalization and/or data integration.
- Experience in data mining, Big Data (Hadoop), no-SQL and related areas is preferred.
- Hands on experienced with Data Integration technologies such as Informatica is a huge plus.
- Experience with BPM, SOA or Rules is preferred.
- BA/BS degree required preferably with a strong technical acumen.
- MBA or PhD is a big plus.
- Ability to travel (10-15%).
Risk Management Solutions (RMS) is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. The models and consulting services of RMS are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils such as - earthquake, flood, hurricane, windstorm, wild fire, disease pandemic. RMS continues to grow and diversify in order to service and meet the requirement of its clients through research and technology innovation and superior client service. The company's strength lies in its ability to use and develop the skills of its people across a wide remit of business activities.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Candidate should be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and to find out more, visit www.rms.com/careers.