Senior DevOps Engineer (13016) Newark, California
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Our Software development group focuses on developing and building world class, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. Using World class technology, we are building an exciting next generation product that leverages the latest advancements in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
You will be part of DevOps team.The team is responsible for Build, Release software packages as well as deploying the software bits to different Cloud environments.
You will be developing tools/scripts to deploy big Linux and windows based clusters to private and public Cloud environments.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: C#/.NET/Java/C++
- Good knowledge of the following technologies: Continuous Integration, MSBuild, Hudson
- Good communication skills.
- Good skills in designing and developing code/tools
- Experience with CloudFormation/Chef/Puppet/AWS scripting.
- Experience with Linux/Unix bash scripts
- Experience with big cluster deployments in Amazon AWS or other Cloud providers
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of working experience as software engineering
- Proven experience with Build automation
- Work well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment within and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work to shared code standards
- Quick learner
Located in Newark, California, RMS is the world’s leading provider of products and services for the quantification and management of catastrophe risk associated with earthquake, hurricane, windstorm, flood, pandemic disease and terrorism peril events. In 1988, RMS launched with an innovative approach to risk management that has since broadened to a portfolio of regional peril models and enterprise platform solutions to further solidify our position as the industry leader in catastrophic modeling and insurance risk management. Contributing to the company’s success is our ability to hire top talent and empower employees to anticipate and act on new opportunities. Even with our tremendous growth, RMS has retained its entrepreneurial culture and single-minded focus on developing industry leading models and analytic applications to help clients make the best decisions in mitigating financial risk. Today, RMS remains the industry leader in catastrophic risk modeling as we continue to build a cutting edge, high-performance Enterprise Platform to set the standard in risk management.