Human Resources Coordinator - Contact to Hire (13233) Newark, California
The HR Specialist is a unique growth opportunity with an innovative, market leader where you will be a key contributor to a high performing team. This is an intermediate level role at our corporate office at RMS and the position was designed for a capable professional who can provide a wide range of support to the HR Leadership team including our HR Business Partners, HR Communications, and HR Total Rewards teams. We invite you to consider this as a great step in your career. Our office environment is dynamic and professional, requiring quality work, flexibility, individual initiative and tangible results.
Our Ideal Candidate
You can manage yourself with limited supervision and take the initiative to move forward with self-directed planning. The individual is analytical and skilled at solving problems with strong client satisfaction. You are able to navigate conflicting and changing priorities, while maintaining a commitment to efficiency. The ideal candidate must have the demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion, while dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information. Your maturity and professionalism are expressed through effective communication and organizational skills, as well as confidence and a strong customer service orientation. You enjoy the challenges and rewards of working for a global, high growth, entrepreneurial company and have a genuine interest in doing whatever it takes to make the company successful.
This position offers a range of responsibilities that will utilize your strong coordination, administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills. The Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and delivering analysis, tracking, and administrative support for a variety of HR programs as needed by the HR Business Partners and Total Rewards team. For the first few months, the position may also include Executive Assistant support to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Coordinate and support specific HR processes (talent reviews, performance management, incentive programs, workforce planning) and reporting.
- Track action items and HR metrics, assisting in developing standard reports and graphics.
- Coordinate and organize a variety of HR projects.
- Prepare presentations to document processes, support training programs, and deliver recommendations for executive approvals.
- Provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the HR leadership team at all times exercising diplomacy and discretion. Perform duties that may be clerical, administrative and project-based in nature which include, but are not limited to, scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, internal departments and outside parties, including high-level contacts of a sensitive nature.
- Experience/Education: Must have a minimum of 5 years of comparable experience with a technology company providing coordination and/or administrative support in an HR department . Bachelors and/or MBA degree preferred.
- Tech savvy: Must have "expert" knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) of programs, preferrably Excel and the ability to handle complex spreadsheets, presentations, and scheduling.
- Adaptability: Proven ability to perform in a high-energy, demanding, sometimes ambiguous, multi-tasking environment; ability to balance competing priorities. Effective in a global environment, sensitive to cultural nuances, and able to work across time zones.
- Independence/Initiative: Can operate independently with limited supervision; flexible and adaptable at all times. Demonstrated ability to organize own work; coordinate projects; set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Analysis: Acute attention to accuracy; detailed and analytical in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Effective Communications: Exceptional professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills. Polished, professional demeanor.
- Customer centricity: Strong client service orientation. Team player, with the highest personal integrity.
- Availability: Accessible to the CHRO and HR Leadership teams via phone and email beyond normal business hours.
Founded in 1989 today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.