Senior Apple / MAC Administrator (13408) Newark, California
RMS Information Services is looking for a senior level Apple MAC Administrator. The ideal candidate will have advance expertise working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment supporting Mac OS X 10.6 and later systems in an enterprise environment. The primary focus of this job is to co-create and support the RMS Apple architecture - integrated in a Windows Active Directory environment across all geographical locations. The candidate will provide Server, Desktop and Apple networking support. The person in this role will be required to utilize their industry MAC expertise and knowledge with all RMS supported Apple products and technology. The ideal candidate will be a highly analytical thinker with ability to research and provide solutions to complex problems.
This role will be responsible for supporting the RMS Apple architecture providing technical expertise and provide creative customer solutions to address customer technical issues that deal with Apple capabilities and compatibility. Work with customers to analyze and gather requirements and propose appropriate technology solutions. Provide technical expertise in integration of Apple OS X, Windows Active Directory, third party, and customized solutions. Participate in Podcasts, Tech Talks and Visual Aids for supporting products and product training as needed. Effectively communicate and deliver demonstrations on products and technology. Troubleshoot simple to complex issues, adapting to a variety of skill levels through a positive, analytical, and informative approach.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- A driving passion for new and innovative technology
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; must have high-level fluency in English
- Strong presentation skills
- 5-7 years relevant experience in Apple Server Administration, Apple Technical Support and Apple Help Desk Support
- Advanced-user experience with Mac OS X 10.6 or later ,Windows Server Technology, Microsoft Office Suite, web browsing, Email, various software applications, Fusion, and common files
- Practical experience with networking, printers, iPads, iPods, iPhone, and input devices as well as their peripheral connection types: USB, Firewire, and Bluetooth
- Broad understanding of computing technology including: hardware components, data storage, operating systems, software applications, common peripheral devices, and external connectivity
- Knowledge of Internet services and network typology including corporate networking, broadband, and wired or wireless networks
- Advance knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, Open Directory, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, iSCSI, Network Attached Printers, and Wireless technology and connectivity
Preferred Mac-specific Skills: Advanced-user experience with Mac OS X 10.6 or later, Windows Active Directory, LDAP, Open Directory, client and server including bundled Apple applications: Finder, System Preferences, Microsoft Office, Outlook Mail, Safari, and iTunes Familiarity with troubleshooting utilities such as System Profiler, Disk Utility, Network Utility, and Terminal Basic installation and removal of an application in Mac OS.
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.