Technical Support Engineer (13445) Newark, California
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will focus on the following areas:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Answers support calls via phone and/or email
- Facilitates the resolutions of technical or application issues reported by customers.
- Responds to customers with status, documents the issues and their resolutions, and maintains support records of customer interaction for the knowledge base in RMS Ticketing System.
- Tracks the issues and acts as liaison between IT Desktop Engineering, Development Team and related vendors in order to resolve issues.
- Supports all IT Operations teams in systems monitoring and on call scheduled rotation.
- Install, Uninstall, and or Modified software/hardware if required
During the first 6-12 months, the successful Technical Support Engineer will be expected to accomplish the following critical objectives:
- Provide excellent customer service and support
- Learn and understand the workings of the Technical Services Department
- Build upon training provided, by TSE team, and gain ability to provide excellent first line of support with little to no supervision.
- Ability to collect data and define problem, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Exercise Decisions/Judgment/ Discretion Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Determines the most appropriate technical solution to meet customer request.
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role of Technical Support Engineer, you must be/have:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 4 or more years desired of desktop support experience supporting end users and desktop applications.
- 1 year of Mac OS experience required
- Must have effective communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows 7
- Basic Active Directory usage
- Experience with imaging tools
- Basic project management / time management a plus
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we’re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.