Senior Quality Engineer - SAAS (13111) Newark, California
Senior Quality Engineer - SAAS, Newark CA
Department: Quality Engineering
RMS is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Back End Quality Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. He\She should be able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with Python or Perl scripts and user-level tools. They will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers. Experience managing highly scalable cloud deployment is highly desired.
- Ensure that our software and services are maintained to the highest level of availability and reliability Working with the development teams to ensure that non-functional requirements relevant to operations are clearly articulated and delivered Drive continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives
- Lead functional troubleshooting efforts
The successful candidate will have experience:
- solving problems in UNIX and/or Windows environment
- with Enterprise level SAAS products
- testing and troubleshooting Cloud-based applications
- with large scale hosted infrastructure and web services
- with virtualization technologies
- working in a mixed environment: Linux & Microsoft Windows Experience and comfort working in an Agile environment
- with continuous integration and deployment (with Hudson or similar)
- with test automation (functional, configuration, backend) A strong desire to drive process improvement by example
- code review sessions with peers
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Big Data Processing experience
- Informatica, Micro Strategy, MS SQL, Mongo and/or Vertica Plus Performance and scalability experience
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.