QHSSE Coordinator I (32775) Youngstown, Ohio
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Under minimum supervision, coordinate all district HSSE and Training activities; inspect working conditions in industrial and other settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate all district safety meetings
• Inspect facility monthly and audit a minimum of four jobs per month, submitting a formal report of findings to the district manager for review and propose corrective and preventive action.
• Work with District Management and local APT to ensure accident investigations are promptly carried out and that a report of findings with recommendations for corrective and preventive action is completed and input into WPTS.
• Ensure that all required areas have the appropriate fire-prevention equipment, fall prevention equipment and other safety and first-aid supplies are readily available and that all areas are adequately identified with proper identification/warning signs.
• Travel to field locations and monitor safety of employees and equipment. Make recommendation related to findings.
• Work closely with Area HSSE Managers to ensure compliance to regulatory and company requirements. Must complete and submit all monthly statistical reports that are Business Unit and Area specific.
• May assist other Business Units within/outside Area as required.
• Attend all major customer HSSE meetings for their respective area of responsibility.
• Required to work on a 24 hour call basis.
• Assess competency of new drivers and provide training as needed.
• Coordinate training including logistics activities of Field Trainer for compliance and assist with his/her training activities.
• Provide training on company policy, procedures and equipment operation.
• Establish and maintain a training schedule for all employees in the district. This schedule will include all safety and operational training required for employees.
• Maintain all district training records, DOT files, Inspections and Audits. Oversee input of all WPTS data input and maintenance.
• Works with district personnel and U.S DOT Compliance Department to ensure all DOT and Hazmat activities meet regulatory compliance.
• Maintain required training certifications required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• General knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and HAZMAT (including radiation) requirements.
• General knowledge of safety equipment and standards.
• Good judgment skills.
• Advanced computer skills including Excel (using formulas & pivot tables), PowerPoint and Word.
• Be able to follow instructions and give instructions.
• Be able to work closely with fellow employees.
• Be able to multi-task and delegate responsibility as needed.
• Good organizational and planning skills.
• Good operational understanding and working knowledge of all equipment.
• 5+ Years of Health and Safety experience needed.