Measurement While Drilling Field Specialist II (31581) Charleroi, Pennsylvania
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for set-up and service survey and motor equipment and will train rig personnel on the proper operation techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate and maintain survey tools and systems.
• Operate Tensor brand steering tool equipment, roll testing probes, wet-connect systems, and learn how to troubleshoot all the above.
• Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
• Operate and maintain MWD/LWD surface systems and downhole tools at rig site.
• Interpret downhole data and liaise with directional drillers and geologists.
• Generate daily and Final Well reports on service performance.
• Must be able to fulfill coordinator's role on an as needed basis and assist on sales calls as needed.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Experience at supervisory level role in related service environment and experience in related service sector position(s) in or directly associated with field operations.
• A problem solver based on experience
• Minimum 2 years MWD/LWD experience, able to work in teams effectively, excellent written and spoken communication skills and excellent computer skills required
• Understanding of Computer application within the proposed job environment
• Ability to generate concise reports
Preferred Credentials and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences, or equivalent experience
• Previous field coordinating experience is an asset with LWD/MWD Drilling experience in an oilfield operations environment
• Well developed communication skills across product lines and at management level