Field Technician (32523) Charleroi, Pennsylvania
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Mobilize and demobilize Secure Drilling Services equipment to include Primary and Secondary Air Compression/ N2 equipment & mist pumps for Air/ N2 drilling projects. Mobilize and demobilize Secure Drilling Services, UBD 4-phase surface separation equipment choke manifolds for Underbalanced and or Manage Pressure drilling jobs to and from location, spot equipment correctly for job, rig up equipment to job, operate, service and maintain equipment with minimal supervision. When not in field, may work in shop fabricating, servicing, and repairing equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installation, operation, and maintenance of Air Drilling operations, Underbalanced or manage Pressure drilling projects. To included Air Compression/ N2 equipment UBD
• 4-phase surface separation equipment choke manifolds
• Supervised involvement in the fabrication, repairs, rebuilding and maintenance of equipment. Not to include welding or major engine repairs.
• Utilization and communication of knowledge gained in trouble shooting and field repairs of equipment.
• Utilization and communication of Air drilling, under balanced & or Managed pressure drilling, production, pipeline and refinery operations.
• Train and/or cross train on equipment and services for Air drilling, Under balanced & or Managed pressure drilling projects.
• May assist in training of Trainees.
• Support of and communication with all field employees, Supervisors, Managers and Customers.
• Supervised preparation and submission of all required documentation and billing information on field jobs, manual or computerized.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Valid driver's license
• Subject to 24 hour call
• Willing/able to work odd hours, overtime, on call and overnight
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Must have dependable transportation
• Basic Computer knowledge
• 0-5 year oilfield experience or equivalent