Accountant/Bookkeeper (ACCOU35672) New Jersey, USA
|Salary:||USD75000 - USD90000 per year|
About the Company:
Our client is a New Jersey Investment Advisory company actively seeking a full time Accountant/Bookkeeper. This position will report directly to the CFO.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations of prepaid expenses; analyzing and reconciling accounts payable ledgers; track fixed asset additions and deletions.
- Maintain business records for PCM, PCH, PCH II, PPH, PPH II and other PSM related companies as required by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by following established chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Reimburse employee expenses with payroll, after confirming original receipts support expenses. Bring expenses within proper documentation to the CFO’s attention for disposition if not resolved with employee.
- Bill private equity entities and hedge funds for recoverable expenses on a quarterly basis or sooner if balance becomes material.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirement; filing reports; and advising CFO on needed actions.
- Review monthly P&L and identify any incorrect postings and correct prior CFO’s review.
- Review bi-weekly payroll and bonus payroll, and create a spreadsheet for approval. Ensure funds are wired and 401k payments are processed electronically. Any unusual items should be brought to the attention of the CFO promptly.
- Assist the CFO and COO with special reports, analyses, and projects as requested.
- Prepare information for annual audits of PCM and all related entities.
- BA degree from an accredited College or University, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience with QuickBooks Pro (Version 9)
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills; minimum of 2 years’ experience with financial spreadsheets.
- Proficient knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)