Business Analyst (New York, NY) (BUSIN53576) New York, New York
A large, global insurance company is seeking a long-term temporary Business Analyst for their New York, NY office location.
Duration: 6-month project
The business analyst will be responsible for the implementation of security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized disclosure by performing the following duties.
This consultant is also required to assist in the monitoring of operational processes, specifically those governed by the Risk Control Matrix and Operational Guidelines and Procedures, to ensure divisional compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Provisions users and updates user profiles for system application access; ensures completion of security forms and coordinates with ISG Security/HelpDesk for timely issuance of ID’s, etc.
- Acts as liaison to divisional users to troubleshoot access and provisioning issues; provides escalation to appropriate Security and Tech Teams where necessary.
- Interacts and provides feedback and support to tech teams regarding system application upgrades, business cases and services.
- Timely review and accurate completion of security access recertifications.
- Conducts scheduled internal compliance testing and monitoring of SOX, Chartis Administration and division governed processes.
- Regularly updates the System Access and Security section of the divisional intranet website’s Compliance Page.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and project management skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to run small project efforts if needed
- Mature analytic problem solving skills – proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Access
- Strong organization and documentation skills