Director of Publisher Development - ADV027 (BBBH338) New York, New York
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and results driven Director, Publisher Development to lead the publisher development team and drive the growth of the our ad network.
We are a leading travel ad network that offers advertisers access to one of the fastest growing audience platforms targeting on-the-go consumers. We leverage rich data profiles to deliver exceptional audience segmentation and targeting, across multiple devices, while providing unmatched data insights.
The Director, Publisher Development will lead the publisher development efforts and drive the entire business development process from developing a target list, prospecting new publishers, communicating the value proposition, negotiating and renewing contracts. This position will be responsible for business development, account management, and optimizing our network of publishers. The company is seeking an entrepreneurial leader who is an experienced publisher development executive in travel and non-endemic categories. This position will meet and engage with key partners and co-workers with the goal of effectively monetizing all our publisher traffic. This position will report to the President and is based in New York. There will be some travel.
- Lead business development of new travel and non-endemic publishers, and develop and own the strategic plan for the business development function.
- Identify opportunities to drive top-line revenue across all publishing partnerships.
- Socialize objectives internally to build consensus and support across functional teams to gather the necessary resources to make these relationships a success.
- Manage a pipeline of relationships and provide regular updates to the executive team on the progress and expected impact on customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
- Work with the product team to tap into the companys existing publisher relationships to embed and syndicate unique content, tools, and functionality into new digital products.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of strategic publishers and other potential value-add partners.
Requirements / Qualifications
Direct publisher sales and/or alliance sales experience selling revenue solutions.
Strong understanding of monetizing digital publishing platforms including web, mobile, and apps.
Proven experience growing existing customer accounts.
Established relationships with com Score 100 publishers a plus.
Understanding of strategic selling and strategic account management
Excellent communication, organization and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to build client relationships, engage in consultative selling process with both existing and prospective accounts.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, environment while also maintaining individual responsibilities.
Adept at dealing with ambiguity and a frequently changing work environment.
Personal network of senior level industry relationships.
Innovative, creative thinker.
Proactive, positive, can-do spirit with ability to work without close supervision.
Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings.
Communicates in a clear and well-structured way over e-mail, phone and in person.
Ability to understand marketplace needs, challenges and expectations.
Shows personal commitment, strong leadership skills and experienced in working in a collaborative environment. Education
BA/BS required; MBA a plus