Satellite AIT Shift Lead
Location: Stevenage, England
Salary: GBP33 - GBP37 per hour
Satellite AIT Shift Lead
Contract Duration: 6 months
Contractor Ltd Co. Rate: Circa £35.00 /hr + shift allowance
Acts as ‘Shift lead’ to support projects in both mechanical and electrical disciplines, responsible for the day-to-day planning of the Assembly Integration and Test shift team.
• Drive and continuously monitor the Assembly Production Schedule supporting the ‘GO’ meetings and agreeing tasks between the relevant leads
• Ensure that all information (e.g. drawings), materials and labour are available for the planned tasks
• Agree schedule with PFM Lead and AIT Manager
• Communication of day-to-day AIT activities with Electrical and Mechanical Lead Engineers
• Ensure that the shift team are adhering to the department processes (ACS’s, Logs, using validated equipment etc)
• Ensuring that all H & S issues are taken into account
• Monitor skills matrix as appropriate
• Liaise with major SUB CO’s when they are onsite supporting AIT work
• Support NCR reviews
• Monitor progress on ACS’s, Procedures, NCR investigations, rework etc.
• Interface with the facility manager, to have an awareness of all activities ongoing in the BCF
• Ensure that the Open Item Register is kept up-to-date and that the work is implemented as soon as possible
• Perform an active role in “lessons learned” to improve processes
• Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
• Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering
• Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical and electrical systems. Including but not limited to:
• Production planning and MRP systems such as SAP
• Spacecraft AIT
• Mechanical / electrical processes including detailed assembly, wiring and fitting
• Mechanical handling of equipment / Satellites
• Interfacing with project, customers and suppliers in an assertive but diplomatic manner
• Good planning skills and process competence (SAP/BOM system experience an advantage)
• Awareness of ‘cleanroom’ disciplines
• Experience in working in a biologically controlled clean cleanroom and planetary protection an advantage, but not essential
• High mechanical / electrical skills and relevant experience
• Previous experience of leadership and spacecraft builds is a distinct advantage
• Proven interpersonal skills in managing a small team
• Understanding of electrical tests and health checks
• Able to support out of normal hours work using the “on call” rota process
• Work overtime and shifts which cover weekends
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY: Office and cleanroom environment (including Bio-controlled facility) / Space, Aerospace.
The Satellie AIT Shift Lead role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".