Location: Portsmouth, England
Duration: 6 months
A leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
- Support senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis, converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Provision of technical consultancy for all new Tivoli deployments, analysis of customer requirements, development of plans with appropriate milestones, installation, customisation, rollout and support as required.
- Develop high level design of architectures for enhancements to operational systems.
- Participation in technical and design reviews with internal and external customers.
- Evaluation, configuration, integration, testing and deployment of all Tivoli software.
- Support to implementation teams throughout development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system.
- Conduct technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
- Occasional 3rd line on-call support for Tivoli software.
- Degree/HND: in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience in Systems Management within a large distributed IT environment.
- Experience of working within a Customer Service environment.
- Proven large scale project management skills, including rollout of systems management toolset.
- Working knowledge of all Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices for Systems Management.
- A keen interest in technology with a willingness to learn.
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communication.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Ability to develop team and individual approach to complex problems and proactively engage with peer reviewers.
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet programme needs.
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows Servers.
- Comprehensive and leading edge skills in strategic systems management software across Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms.
Technical experience in:
- Tivoli Network Manager
- Tivoli Omnibus, Omnibus Probes and Gateways
- Tivoli Monitoring (ITM)
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- Tivoli Impact
- Tivoli Integrated Portal
- IBM BigFix 9.5.7 aka Tivoli Endpoint Manager 9.5.7
- TPM Workflow Language
- Bigfix Relevance Language
- Bigfix Patch Management
- Bigfix Inventory
- Bigfix webreporting
The Tivoli Administrator role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".