NC Programmer (3647) Los Angeles, California
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 with shop experience as a machinist is a must
- Knowledge of blueprint reading is essential.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in aerospace or relating industrie
- Two years Technical or Trade School with appropriate certification
Completely and independently programs Computerized Numerical Control 3, 4 & 5 axis mills, and 3 axis lathes.
Manufacturing software required to write CNC programs for lathes, mills or other CNC equipment.
- Studies blueprint and specifications to determine exact programming needs for CNC machine.
- Writes program using Mastercam software.
- Tests program to ensure machining operation(s) comply with print and specifications.
- Ensures that proper CNC program details are set up for the operator to run the assigned work order
- Trains other CNC programmers in complex programming
- Generate NC programs for large complex aircraft parts and composite tooling
- Plan and define detailed instructions for setup and operations
- Select tools, cutting speed, and feed rates for a multitude of 3 to 5 axis milling machines
- Read and comprehend programming instructions, technical manuals, procedure manuals, short correspondence, and memos
- Write programming codes and necessary correspondence
- Calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra, trigonometry and geometry
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in unique situations.