Food & Beverage Manager - Site 2IC Melbourne Airport (HRM F&B MAN MEL) Melbourne Airport, Melbourne, Australia
|Salary:||+super + parking +meals +phone|
Food & Beverage Manager
Multi-Site Melbourne Airport Operation
Airport Retail Enterprises is a well-established and successful Australian owned and operated business operating airport food and beverage operations across Australia & England including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville, Mt Isa & Gatwick Airports.
We are seeking an experienced and self-driven Food & Beverage Manager for a large Multi-Site Food & Beverage Operation at the Melbourne Airport.
This operation includes various high end, well-known local & international food and beverage brands – Cafe Vue by Shannon Bennett, Bar Pulpo by MoVida, Brasserie Bread & Hungry Jacks to name a few. In 2019 the well-known St.Ali brand will join our portfolio.
The role will be challenging and complex, requiring that the demands of multiple stakeholders are met at all times.
As an individual you will be:
A hands on, passionate & dynamic personality
- Capable of working independently with only general direction
- Commercially astute and profit driven
- An influential, proactive and strong leader
- An excellent negotiator
- Comfortable in managing complexity
- Able to lead your outlet managers effectively
We expect candidates with the following attributes:
- A strong background in Food & Beverage/Restaurant operations management, ideally in a multi-site environment
- Exceptional understanding of controlling ‘cost of sales’
- Exceptional ability to control payroll costs against budgets and advanced rostering techniques
- A commitment & passion to quality service & attention to detail
- Proven ability to recruit, train and mentor staff and commitment to promoting an energetic and professional team of 250+ staff
- Ability to influence workplace culture with excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong personal and communication skills able to gain the co-operation of others
- An ability to think commercially and like a business owner with little direction
- Experience with new outlet planning & openings
- Honesty, integrity, persistence & determination.
Candidates with strong Food & Beverage or hospitality backgrounds outside of airports are also encouraged to apply.
Should this sound like your next step forward in your career path please forward a copy of your current CV as an expression of your interest.