Research Manager (Fox Sports Interactive - Playa Vista) (FNG0003458) Los Angeles, California
- Manager is to be knowledgeable of all resources available and to strategically consolidate and highlight key data in a clean, concise, and aesthetically appealing format. This may include product strategy decks, monthly KPI reporting, competitive analyses, and product/event postmortems.
- Manager is not just responsible for presenting data, but also for collecting, processing, and analyzing metrics. This requires a basic technical knowledge of how data is extracted, strong analytical skills, and the ability to forecast results with limited information. Since this individual will provide support to the entire digital organization, including high level executives, it is essential that this person quality checks data inputs and files shared documents in an extremely organized manner.
- This person will respond to all ad-hoc requests.
- Manager needs to be dedicated in order to help streamline reporting, ensuring that all presentations and reports are based on consistent, current data. Focusing specifically on the product and digital strategy teams will enable the manager to anticipate research needs in an effort to be more proactive and less reactive.
- Manager will assist with training new hires on research tools. The Research Manager will help conduct trainings for the entire digital team. This includes preparing training manuals, coordinating training sessions and seminars (both internally and with vendors), and setting up all new hires with usernames/passwords to reporting applications and services.
- The Research Manager will subscribe to various industry trades and when possible, attend conferences and webinars by research vendors, industry experts, and agencies.
- The Research Manager will keep the digital teams current on industry trends which will ensure that FOXSports.com is at least meeting current industry expectations, but more importantly, arming the product team with new strategies for optimizing FOXSports.com content offerings.
- This person wIll support Product, Social Media and Sales Integration teams with development and implementation of sales initiatives (as related to reporting).
- Assist Director and Senior Director with research projects, including but not limited to:
- Construction and analysis of surveys
- Calculating audience growth and traffic projections for business development initiatives
- Evaluation of research applications and reporting solutions/services
- Information gathering and preparation for primary research studies (focus groups, usability testing, one-on-one interviews)
- Manage the Research relationship with the NE&O Consumer Insights team and liaise with other FOX digital, TV research and product groups.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of employment in online research and marketing in the new media, market research, and advertising industries. Have advanced experience working with web analytics tools and third-party research applications such as Adobe Analytics, Nielsen Suite (NetView, @Plan etc.) and comScore/Media Metrix products.
- English. Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills. Basic understanding of survey writing and analytical reporting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Microsoft office. Basic HTML, Photoshop and SAS a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well with high-level executives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.