Contract Clerk (335) El Monte, California
Longo Toyota is looking for a Contract Clerk who is looking to start their career in the automotive industry. At Longo Toyota customer service and our attention to details are what keep us #1. Developing our staff is extremely important to us. We value hard work and attention to detail. If you’re an over achiever who thinks it’s time to take the next step in your career or have a proven track record, then apply today!
By joining our team you’ll have the opportunities to advance in our dealership and learn from the best. If you want to be a part of a team that will value your hard work and effort, give you opportunities for advancement, and will invest in your future. Then you need look no further. We value our team member’s contributions and create a healthy environment to grow in. Our benefits package will impress you and our culture will win you over. Come join our team and see what sets us apart from the rest!
Penske Motor Group owns and operates premier automotive dealerships in California including Longo Lexus, Longo Toyota, Scion, Lexus of Stevens Creek, & RAB Motors.
We look for individuals who exemplify our Team values: Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Honest Communication.
Summary: The Contract Clerk is responsible for reviewing new/used vehicle sales contracts for the dealership to ensure proper completion and accuracy.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working in the business office for an automotive dealership.
- Knowledge of basic dealership policies and lending institution procedures; administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency desired.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other employees; pay attention to detail; follow-up with guests and employees; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, Internet and in person; and use standard office equipment.
- Receives and processes new/used contracts from the Finance/Fleet department.
- Reviews sales documents, such as sales contract, service contracts, GAP and guest credit applications to ensure proper completion and accuracy.
- Processes payoff checks for new and used vehicle sales.
- Inputs inventory control information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Posts retail and lease finance contracts to appropriate accounting schedules.
- Reconciles and balances designated accounts and reports any discrepancies.
- Monitors all vehicle purchase documents for compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and fees.
- Prepares documents for submission to financial institutions according to requirements of applicable lender.
- Processes trade-ins, voids and unwind deals.
- Performs general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Assists in all other areas of the business office and performs other administrative duties, as needed.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $14.00 per hour (may vary based on experience)
- Full time positions available
- Training and Advancement Opportunities
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program & Wellness Coach
- Fitness Center Programs