Starbucks Shift Supervisor (263) El Monte, California
Position:Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Reports To:Starbucks Manager
Summary: The Starbucks Shift Supervisor contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Delivers legendary customer service
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year cash handling experience, preferred;
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment
- Ability to effectively direct the work of others
- Effective oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and ability to take initiative