SAP SCM Service Delivery Lead (3260) Irving, Texas
We are seeking an experienced SAP SCM Service Delivery Lead. The selected candidate will work with a diverse SAP application team and other IT process partners to provide application development and support for current and new Americas based logistics clients. As the team lead the candidate will provide leadership to the regional US Service Delivery team, as well as, to a regional AP team to deliver high quality support and consistently deliver to service level targets for Americas SAP clients. The candidate will also be the primary IT contact for the customer and client responsible for managing customer expectations and maximizing customer satisfaction.
This candidate will also work closely with the IT Supervisor and various project managers to integrate new America's clients into the current team and support transition of current clients to a new data center. The candidate must have deep SAP WM, SD and MM functional skills with related practical experience and a project management background.
Style sought: Hands on, approachable, constructive, delegator (where appropriate), supportive, accountable and takes initiative to remove barriers so support and project activities can be executed on time, within budget and within scope.
Specific job related activities include, but are not limited to the following:
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage SAP functional and technical resources, workload and cost management to achieve SLA commitments for multiple SAP client solutions.
- Partner with business owners to develop ongoing system solutions to business problems and initiatives.
- Provide project management of key projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other IT partners by functionally testing system upgrades and performance for supported clients.
- Apply SAP configuration solutions and coordinate ABAP and ABAP Objects software solutions (reports, screens, SAP script) to business/technical problems through design, analysis, programming, integration, debugging, testing and implementation based on requirements gathered from customers without close supervision.
- Provide detailed functional specifications related to implementation, integration, and special projects.
- Develop estimates for service requests.
- Ensure designs are compatible with client roadmaps and support capabilities.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis for key incidents.
- Provide 7x24 application support for clients by investigating, analyzing, identifying and applying system solutions to application/technical problems through customer interactions, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Participate in integrated testing and user acceptance of developed software.
- Champion processes & methodology standards and promote ongoing process improvements.
- Develop, support and/or participate in user training.
- Occasional travel may be required as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and related work experience.
- 5 to 7 years experience with configuration, design & implementation of customized SAP solutions using SAP ECC 6.0 WM, MM & SD modules.
- Demonstrated experience project management and leadership skills.
- Experience with application development processes, methodology and support.
- Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills and high quality interpersonal and people management skills.
- Must possess the ability to successfully interact with senior management, the business, external suppliers and technical staff.
- Excellent customer/client facing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with integration of multiple system solutions.
- Self-motivator with good organisational and time management skills.
- Logical, process-based approach with strong organisation skills.
- Experienced Excel, PowerPoint and Word user.
- Experience and knowledge of general Logistics business functions.
- Project Management Certification
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions.
- Willing to provide training for strong IT analyst with logistics or manufacturing system experience who desires to build this new skill set.
- Knowledge or experience with other IT disciplines including Network, Unix, Windows, Database, SAN, Citrix, VMWare, etc.
- Candidates with an application bias and applied knowledge and experience managing SAP SCM solutions in a logistics environment will be given preference.