Content Lead - Securities And Mergers & Acquistions (LN 001TA) Markham, Canada
Content & Product Initiatives Lead (Large & Mid Law)
We have an immediate opening on our Product Management & Publishing - Research & Litigation Solutions team, reporting to the Head of Content - Large & Mid-Law. This exciting position will be responsible for the creative development of designated content sets within a specific area of practice, and liaising with external authors to achieve timely delivery.
You will :
• Develop specific content and relevant strategies that support the creation of designated products for lawyers practicing in Canada
• Oversee the development of product content requirements and functional specifications to implement the organization's product/market strategy
• Orchestrate a cross-functional team to execute on the product content and product development strategies. Maintain and manage relationships with key stakeholders to negotiate resources, deadlines, project trade-off decisions as appropriate
• Assist in identifying, recruiting and commissioning respected external practitioners to collaborate in the creation of product content
• Liaise with commissioned external practitioners to ensure delivery of high quality content within mandated timelines
• Review, edit, approve and occasionally draft content designed for designated transactional products, as required:
• Supervise the contributions of in-house legal writers and editors involved in creating relevant content sets
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis ® and Nexis ® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals' changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
• Canadian law degree
• Member of one or more of the bars of Ontario, Alberta or British Columbia
• Respected legal practitioner with 7 years of experience, preferably with a large or mid-sized firm, in one or more of the following transactional practice areas: corporate transactions and commercial law; financing, securities and mergers & acquisitions; IP and licensing; Insolvency and restructuring
• Detailed understanding of workflow requirements and organization within the above-noted transactional practice areas and a sophisticated knowledge of trends in the Canadian legal marketplace
• Strong, practical writer with experience in drafting client materials, law journals, CLE presentations or other legal writing
• Strong network of contacts currently in legal practice in Canada within the above-noted transactional practice areas
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work in a detail-oriented environment