Release Coordinator (BBBH4823) Watervliet, New York
This is a full time permanent position with our client in Latham NY
Responsible for the day to day operations, maintenance of various source code repositories, enforcement and verification of release standards and the promotion of software among the various environments. Recommend and participate in the continuous improvement of the Release Management, RM, plan. Perform all tasks, automated and manual, necessary to support RM as directed.
· Independently perform the routine Release Management operations according to guidelines provided by the Release Manager.
· Develop, document and review automated and manual Release Management procedures.
· Support the enforcement of the lock down policy controlling when changes are to be added to the library.
· Support the enforcement of standards for development, testing, user signoff, production moves and documentation.
· Install new software releases and/or patches.
· Performs off -hours deployments as required to accommodate production schedules.
· Lead post-implementation reviews, presents release metrics, identify recurring challenges and recommend improvements.
· Maintain an historical library of changes to track source code.
· Perform periodic reviews to ensure that the production areas are in sync with the libraries and unauthorized materials are not present.
· Possess a working knowledge of software development phases and tools.
· Develop work plans for assigned projects.
· Utilize the software tools and procedures to perform daily operational support.
· Work with internal associates to identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
· Assist with software product evaluation, including installation, testing, and technical support for the applications programming and/or the computer operations staff.
· Participate in the development, maintenance and testing of system disaster recovery.
· Provides feedback to other associates to assure the proper integration of all software within their area of responsibility and notify the Release Manager of significant challenges, opportunities or concerns.
· Recommend new software and hardware products.
· Complete all required documentation to meet department standards.
· Interface with external customers whenever needed.
· Conform with and abide by all federal, state, and local regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions.
· Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
· Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
· Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
· As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
· 4-year degree in Computer Science or 10 years of programming experience, release or configuration management or combination required.
Experience & Background:
· Minimum 5 years of programming experience, release or configuration management or combination required.
· Minimum 2 years experience with version control systems, e.g., VSS, CVS, Vault, or MS Team Foundation.
· Minimum 2 years experience with build systems like nant, Apache ant, msbuild, or make.
· Experience with PC s and LAN systems recommended.
· Experience with Mainframe, Mid Range Servers a plus.
· Experience with industry stand audits (e.g. SAS 70, SSAE 16) a plus.
· Insurance/Retail experience a plus.
· Experience with Windows XP, 7, 2000, NT; Unix/Linux