Graphics Designer / Technical Editor (13:BC-D5-008) Lexington, Massachusetts
Solidus seeks a Graphic Artist / Technical Editor who will work with division heads, group leaders, technical staff and program managers to construct relevant and informative high-quality briefings and publications. The individual will be responsible for:
- Design, layout, editing and production of detailed technical presentations and illustrations, including electronic and printed forms (slides, posters, web sites), creating high-quality communications from technical staff inputs and rough sketches within time-critical deadlines.
- Multi-media design and production including animation and screen captures / voice overs for use in demonstrating Laboratory prototype software and hardware systems.
- Editing and proofreading of presentations, reports and other documents to ensure correctness of grammar, clarity and consistency with Laboratory standards.
- Maintenance of the division?s electronic communications within the Lincoln Information Sharing Application (LISA).
- Support of our multiple, annual technical workshops, interacting with a multi-disciplinary team of graphics and communications specialists within and outside the division.
- Codification and evolution of the division?s long-term strategic graphic message (electronic and print) so that a consistent, coherent presentation of our ideas can be achieved.
- BA/BFA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Illustration or equivalent experience. Second degree in English, Communications, Writing or Journalism a plus.
- Must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio) and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro).
- Must have 5-7 years related experience.
- Must be able to work with a wide range of graphics software to create sketches, technical illustrations, data plots, and imbedded video in briefings and reports.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team striving to achieve short and long term goals of effective communication.
- Must be able to work under time-critical deadlines handling multiple and simultaneous tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills including a firm grasp of grammatical usage and punctuation.
- A portfolio of sample work is required at the time of interview.
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Solidus Technical Solutions visit www.solidus-ts.com
Most positions with Solidus Technical Solutions require U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Solidus Technical Solutions is a small, majority woman and veteran owned engineering firm. Founded in 2001, we work with the Federal Government, Department of Defense and other governmental agencies to provide multi-disciplined software and systems engineering and advanced technology services.
We have a dedicated staff of engineers who believe in the company’s philosophy that respect for people results in success for all, and work hard to implement that philosophy. We are continually recruiting new engineers in a wide range of disciplines who understand and believe in our philosophy and are waiting for the right opportunity to present itself to join our team.