B52, UAI, B1 Acquisition Program Management Support (13:ID-ACC-003) Dayton, Ohio
Solidus is looking for Aquisition Program Managers to support the Development, Integration and Transition Division at Wright Patterson AFB, which provides a single point for the Fighters and Bombers Directorate to acquire unique technologies and development efforts to transition new capabilities to the warfighter, as well as closing out completed acquisition programs within the Program Executive Officer (PEO) portfolio. The current focus of the Division is ongoing oversight of the B-52 modernization programs as well as transitioning B-1 mod programs to Tinker AFB. The Division is currently managing several Acquisition Category II and III programs for the B-1 and B-52 that will significantly improve the supportability, flexibility and lethality of numerous weapons systems. Positions include support to Light Air Support (LAS), Universal Armament Interface (UAI), Directorate functions and other Division programs as required.
In particular, the candidate must:
- Provide experience required to support requirements, acquisition and sustainment and includes: understanding doctrine, assisting in identifying and defining requirements, developing horizontally integrated acquisition and investment strategies, integration of technologies, integration of intelligence, and development of sustainment strategies. Capability requirements and option sets will be architecture-based to ensure the necessary interoperability and appropriate linkages to other capabilities. Provide the expertise necessary to support the DoD Program, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process, as well as Division acquisition program documentation, and DoD Acquisition directives such as: DODI 5000.01, 5000.02, AFI 63-101, AFI 10-601 and AFI 99-103
- Capable of utilizing the appropriate application software and electronic media for estimating and forecasting acquisition and logistics support requirements. Assist in milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination and decision documentation preparation, developing and analyzing key program metrics, and developing and integrating risk management plans and strategies.
- Apply integration, communication, coordination, organizational and planning expertise across a broad spectrum of functional disciplines in order to effectively assist in the implementation of program direction. Perform studies to support program office initiatives. Effectively plan, organize, and document the result of meetings.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of Air Force Program documentation to assist in the development, writing, and approval processes for these acquisition documents.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and managing critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of capabilities including System of Systems (SoS), Family of Systems (FOS), systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Perform program management activities to include, gathering program information, conducting analyses, including evaluation and validation, assist in pre-acquisition and acquisition strategy planning and implementation, assist in the review and analysis of prime and subcontractor EVM performance, development of pre- and post-award documentation, milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination and decision documentation preparation.
- Access modeling databases and perform specific analyses, develop and analyze key program metrics, develop and integrate risk management plans and strategies, support program briefings, assist in surveillance of weapon system prime contractor and subcontractor performance, and continuously evaluate program progress and communicate recommendations to the Government.
- Arrange and support various IPT actions to include meeting attendance, meeting minutes, assist capabilities managers in arranging and supporting High Powered Teams (HPTs) for capabilities development. Assist in responding to Nunn-McCurdy compliance/responses, as required.
- Support the application of acquisition management initiatives to include, considerations applicable to buying commercial items (such as of Non-developmental Items [NDI], Commercial off-the-shelf [COTS] items, and Federal Aviation Administration [FAA] certified items), commercial practices (such as Performance Based Business Environment), evolutionary acquisition, agile acquisition, Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), concepts of operation, architectural views, and capabilities review and risk assessment.
- Support the DoD Planning, PPBE process, as well as the DoD acquisition directives and assigned program documentation. Support development of budget documents related to the program objective memorandum and research & development/production documents.
- Assist in the review and update of aircraft and weapons roadmaps for implementation of future capabilities.
Acquisition Analyst Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- US Citizenship and a DoD Secret Clearance
- Senior: 10 years of acquisition program management/analysis support experience: 3 years must be in a Defense acquisition program
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.