DevOps Secure Systems Engineer (13:BC-D5-002) Lexington, Massachusetts
Solidus is looking for a Systems Engineer to work with a team to prototype, manage, and deploy novel and existing security software and solutions addressing cyber threats. The candidate will develop network and system isolation techniques within Linux systems using Puppet to create the appropriate deployable configurations. Candidate will research the suitability of trusted computing capabilities within the system including Security Enhanced Linux and use of the Trusted Computing Module (TPM). The candidate will also be the lead for deploying the developed techniques and partially support ongoing maintenance.
This position seeks an intelligent, creative person with demonstrated problem solving skills that can develop and evaluate effectiveness and implement secure and scalable cyber security components. The ideal candidate will posses a good balance of software development, operating systems internals, and system administration skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as it is required to present and justify results.
- Active security clearance at the secret level or higher
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- In lieu of an MS, a BS with 3 or more years of experience in software engineering or Linux system administration will be considered
- Ability to design, implement, test, and debug system level software and configurations
- Ability to propose and explore new techniques and technologies and to design, develop, test and validate these new capabilities
- Familiarity with NCES, DISA STIGs and related DoD security initiatives is useful
- Deep knowledge and of Linux system administration is highly desired (Redhat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity and experience with the Puppet language is highly desired
- Software design/development experience with Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby, Shell, or Perl a plus
- Experience with agile software development (e.g., Scrum) and software configuration management including task decomposition, source code control, and issue tracking
- Experience with SELinux, operating system and hardware level virtualization (VMware, Xen, LXC, OpenVZ, KVM), hardware (Juniper) and software firewalls (iptables)
- Experience developing for or deploying Tomcat-based Java web services
- Knowledge of cloud computing architecture including Hadoop/Hbase configuration, deployment, and development
- Experience with any combination of the following is desired: system-level software, operating system internals, distributed systems, high-performance computing, Web services, databases, network protocols, automation techniques, virtualization, computer security, and vulnerability assessment
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Solidus Technical Solutions visit www.solidus-ts.com Most positions with Solidus Technical Solutions require U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Solidus Technical Solutions is a small, majority woman and veteran owned engineering firm. Founded in 2001, we work with the Federal Government, Department of Defense and other governmental agencies to provide multi-disciplined software and systems engineering and advanced technology services.