Embedded Software Engineer (13:BC-D6-016) Lexington, Massachusetts
Solidus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to work as a critical member of a team developing a pointing, acquisition and tracking control system for a lasercom terminal.
The successful candidate will join a group conducting analysis, design, demonstration, and testing of optical communications systems over free-space channels. Recent initiatives focused on airborne lasercom systems supporting data transfer from tactical ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance) platforms and included identifying and validating techniques for mitigating signal power fluctuation due to atmospheric turbulence. Group capabilities include high-fidelity atmospheric modeling and simulation, and the development of multi-Gb/s modems; pointing, acquisition, and tracking systems; high-speed electronic coding and interleaving schemes; and network-standard interfaces. The group works with government and industrial partners to help expedite the transfer of capability to operational systems.Requirements:
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- MS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics or related fields
- Minimum five years relevant experience
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in algorithm development
- Ability to work as part of small team
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to team members and sponsors, and be able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of embedded real-time linux software development in C or C++
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Experience with image processing, control algorithms, and socket-level programming is beneficial
- Experience with kernel module development and debugging would be beneficial
- Experience developing systems through the complete life-cycle from requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration and support is highly desired
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.