Multilingual Research Data Developer - Software Engineer (13:BC-D5-003) Lexington, Massachusetts
Solidus is looking for a Multilingual Research Data Developer. For the successful candidate, the initial task is to review, implement and execute a speech data collection that requires participation of human subjects performing military dialogs in a multilingual environment. Additional tasks include design and execution of language learner pronunciation data corpora and associated experiments in a language instruction environment for two or more languages. Subsequent tasks are to use the data corpora in research experiments that respond to technical requirements for our sponsors.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required; specialization in Audio Recording desired
- Twenty years or more professional experience in speech research and development with emphasis on design, management and delivery of rigorously specified data corpora
- Strong understanding of algorithms as demonstrated by published papers
- Familiarity with Perl/python is desirable, including experience with a variety of platforms and programming languages (Windows, Linux, Android, C/C++, Java, Matlab, etc.)
- Training in human subject research with IRB certification for completed projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete complex projects on a tight schedule
- Familiarity with foreign language corpus development would be an asset for this work and must have personally developed language resources in Arabic, Pashto, Dari and English in written and spoken formats
- Ability to perform acoustic site evaluations; requires solid understanding of audio equipment usage
- Demonstrated ability to train new personnel in implementing human subjects data collection protocols is required
- Familiarity with instrumenting and collecting data from human subjects with non-acoustic and physiological sensors is desired
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Solidus Technical Solutions visit www.solidus-ts.com Most positions with Solidus Technical Solutions require U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Solidus Technical Solutions is a small, majority woman and veteran owned engineering firm. Founded in 2001, we work with the Federal Government, Department of Defense and other governmental agencies to provide multi-disciplined software and systems engineering and advanced technology services.
We have a dedicated staff of engineers who believe in the company’s philosophy that respect for people results in success for all, and work hard to implement that philosophy. We are continually recruiting new engineers in a wide range of disciplines who understand and believe in our philosophy and are waiting for the right opportunity to present itself to join our team.