Java /C++/ Object Oriented Design - Software Developer (12:BC-156) Lexington, Massachusetts
Solidus is searching for a Software Developer to support the development of a smart-phone augmented, incident command system. The successful candidate should be comfortable working as part of a small, intense team and be comfortable with agile development process. Key characteristics of the work will include: technical problem solving, presentation, creative thinking, good time management and the desire to work closely in a small team. Additionally, candidates should be able to travel for two to three days every other month if necessary.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- BS in relevant area
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong knowledge of the Java/C++ languages and Object-oriented Design Principles
- Strong knowledge of mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles
- Strong knowledge of designing and developing games and simulations
- Experience with Source Code Management software such as Git, SVN, or CVS
- Experience working with Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL/Postgres)
- Familiarity with C#/ASP.NET
- Familiarity with with Web Services (SOAP or REST), preferably with Apache CXF or Spring
- Familiarity with RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ or a messaging background experience
- Past experience developing their own mobile applications
- Rapid self-teaching capabilities when faced with new tools or platforms
- Strong interest in developing apps for deployment
- Experience or interest in helping First Responders
- Candidates who consider themselves 'gamers'
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Solidus Technical Solutions visit www.solidus-ts.com Most positions with Solidus Technical Solutions require U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Solidus Technical Solutions is a small, majority woman and veteran owned engineering firm. Founded in 2001, we work with the Federal Government, Department of Defense and other governmental agencies to provide multi-disciplined software and systems engineering and advanced technology services.
We have a dedicated staff of engineers who believe in the company’s philosophy that respect for people results in success for all, and work hard to implement that philosophy. We are continually recruiting new engineers in a wide range of disciplines who understand and believe in our philosophy and are waiting for the right opportunity to present itself to join our team.