Student Worker (BBBH12839) Del Mar, California
The world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company is hiring! Our client discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets leading prescription medication.
For over 150 years, they have been making the world a healthier place to live.
1. Students perform experiments in the laboratory environment.
2. The student will work closely with a supervisor to develop fundamental laboratory skills, perform manual and computer literature searches and maintain accurate collection and recording of experimental results.
3. The student will provide scientific support for a specific research proposal submitted by their supervisor.
4. The candidate will work within the Purification group of the Oncology Medicinal Chemistry Department.
5. The primary role for the selected candidate will be to perform pre- and post-purification purity analysis by either HPLC or SFC of chiral and non-chiral singleton compounds.
6. Student Assistant will also be responsible for developing chiral SFC methods for purification, and to perform routine physical/chemical measurements of purified compounds.
7. Additionally, the student may be responsible for some sample preparation techniques, such as filtration and evaporation.
Skills: MS Excel: 1-3 Years MS PowerPoint: 1-3 Years Analytical Techniques: 1-3 Years
**20 hours per week. Preferably 4 or 5 hours a day**
**Undergrad or 1st year Grad student; MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN SCHOOL**
**Candidates must be pursuing a Chemistry, Biology or similar scientific degree**
Approx. Duration: 2 years
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 500 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. We prepare our clients to succeed in a changing marketplace by creating a custom pipeline of professionals and teams that are superbly matched to our clients’ business functions and cultures.
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, R & D, Engineering, Administrative and Light Industrial.
Founded 27 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients’ most important assets.
Our team of expert account managers and recruiters collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. We also keep our clients informed of important industry trends. We use this information to build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals.
Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Hired by Matrix has a track record of delivering consultants that map precisely to the skills, expertise and company culture required. Our investment in recruiters, who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, has resulted in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business. This frees our clients to focus their time and efforts on higher value goals, such as creating more efficient processes, optimizing their human resources, or enhancing productivity.
We also bring a human touch to managing and motivating our consultants, from the initial recruitment process and candidate presentation, to monitoring their progress throughout the life of the assignment.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE); and CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. HbM is also WOSB (Woman Owned Small Business) Certified.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.