Product Marketing Manager - Participant Communications (7169BR) Westwood, Massachusetts
You will manage our participant engagement platform, including workshops/meetings, web content, guides, newsletters, postcards and more. Particular areas of focus will include defined contribution, defined benefit and 403(b) plans. You will work closely with client-facing communication consultants to translate market needs into compelling and measurable communications. Your innovative marketing programs will serve the needs of internal clients, plan participants, sponsors and advisors. You will provide product and market insights to internal audiences such as public relations, new business, and sales..
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement participant-marketing strategies that differentiate our offer in the market and deliver positive, measurable results for sponsors, participants and New York Life.
• Revenue generation – own direct-to-participant initiatives that add assets and revenue to our bottom line.
• Market intelligence – be an expert on our customers … and our competition.
• Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for our offer.
• Sales liaison – communicate the value proposition of our offer to the sales team, and develop related sales tools.
• Monitor and identify new communication media and trends to develop timely, creative marketing solutions.
• Manage communication development within project budgets and timelines.
• Ensure all communications meet compliance, quality and technical requirements.
• When applicable, measure results of communications and compare to industry and company benchmarks. Incorporate feedback/learnings into development of new communications.
• 7–10 years of marketing experience, preferably in the financial service industry
• Demonstrated experience with adult-learning theory and how it can applied in the context of financial decisions
• B2C experience a must; B2B experience a plus
• Working knowledge and experience with all communications channels (online, print, electronic, presentations)
• Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, English or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills (writing, presenting, etc.)
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well across departments/levels and to apply influence and negotiation skills