Account Manager -Communications (7189BR) Westwood, Massachusetts
The Account Manager is a member of the Creative Agency and is responsible for the project management all custom communications including: scheduling and trafficking each project; assigning creative resources; submitting custom work to the compliance department for approvals; partnering with internal groups to develop and fulfill a creative strategy for campaigns and initiatives; managing talent outsourcing; recording and developing automated presentations; and releasing projects to production.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and manage the development of custom communications tailored to specific client needs
• Apply communications best practices, knowledge of consumer financial literacy levels and needs, and New York Life Retirement Plan Services’ key strengths, values and attributes to all client-specific communication development initiatives
• Manage communications development from initial ideas and goals communicated by the Strategic Communication Consultant and client through distribution. Activities include review and editing of design, layouts and copy, ongoing interface with Strategic Communication Consultants and clients, and coordination of compliance.
• Monitor and identify new communication media and trends to apply to creative custom communication solutions.
• Understand our essential/standard offering and leverage templates where appropriate.
• Understand and adhere to client specific style and branding guidelines, where appropriate
• Meet regularly with Strategic Communications Consultants to keep them informed of projects’ status, identification of new projects to come, sharing of creative solutions developed
• Project manage communications development with marketing staff to ensure the development of effective, timely communication products
• Ensure that all communications meet compliance and quality requirements
• Participate in internal product or project meetings at manager’s direction
• Respond to client requests for communications updates or attend client meetings as needed
• At least 5 years of marketing communication experience, preferably within the financial communications industry
• Strong project management and writing skills with a proven track record of adhering to project deadlines and budgets
• Working knowledge and experience within all communications channels (online, print, electronic, presentations, alternative) and with communication trends
• A Bachelor’s Degree in advertising communications, marketing or equivalent
• Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills