Production Agronomist (bcltxprodagr11712) Amarillo, Texas
|Salary:||USD45000 - USD60000 per year + vehicle, health/dental/vision/life, 401k|
A very well-respected seed company in Texas is actively seeking a Production Agronomist to help monitor crop growth, health and propose the cash flow requirement for grower payments.
- Identification of and negotiation of grower contracts with suitable agronomic skills, land and machinery to achieve specified production targets within established rates and time frames.
- Manage rogueing crews
- Prevent and resolve the grower disputes (if any) on a proactive basis
Production Yield Estimates
- To establish and monitor acreage requirements for specified production targets for each variety
- Assessment of field history and risk analysis based on that crop and history.
- To ensure effective, timely reporting of estimated yields, harvest dates etc. versus targets for all production targets.
- Analyze yield variance by hybrid, grower and production year to determine reasons for variation
- Communicate with stakeholders and the agronomist team
Quality Control: Ensure established genetic purity standards are achieved through monitoring crop conditions and growouts, and manage the growout plantings, reading, and communication.
Safety and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutory regulations and implementation of policies and standards of safety, health & environment
- Ensure machinery is maintained in a safe operable condition at all times in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Ensuring all administrative functions are conducted in a timely, accurate and efficient manner in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that all work related activities are carried out in a manner consistent with this companies' values, culture and procedures.
Production Research: Implement a production research site, under the supervision of the ranking production agronomist. The site should include all developing lines, pre-commercial and commercial lines, to determine yield specifics, ability to produce, and compatibility.