Associate Human Resources Business Partner (Entry to Intermediate level)
Location: South Portland, Maine
ON Semiconductor promotes a mutually rewarding partnership that creates a customer-oriented organization, encourages innovation and teamwork, and rewards achievement. We value Respect, Integrity and Initiative in the spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Working here, you have a voice and your ideas are heard. If you are looking for an enjoyable workplace, genuine people, challenges, and empowerment join us today!
ON Semiconductor is seeking an Associate Human Resources Business Partner to support senior leadership at our Portland, Maine locations. You will work closely with site management to ensure HR programs and services support and drive ON Semiconductor’s business objectives. The selected individual will be able to understand the site business needs, build internal business partnerships, and provide coaching to develop others, effectively rollout HR initiatives and provide backup HR support to our nearby factory. This position requires understanding of federal and state HR related regulations and compliance procedures as well as comprehension and perspective relating to international HR. You will also work closely with the Shared Services team, where you will be an integral part of helping to build our Shared Services organization with a focus on driving efficiency and consistency through centralization of systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Align with Corporate Business Partners to ensure client labor needs are aligned and met.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives, including driving them through the entire organization.
- Coach leaders on issues of effective team building and organization effectiveness.
- Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives through the entire global organization.
- Partner with HR colleagues to ensure human capital practices, programs and processes support the strategies specific to the assigned client group(s).
- Develop, partner or broker HR services and programs as required to address needs and change efforts within client groups.
- Drive communication between HR and the primary site organizations.
- Facilitate and administer various HR processes and procedures.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Backup support recruiting in scheduling interviews and managing offer/new hire paperwork.
- Backup to initiate and monitor drug testing and background checks.
- Backup to schedule candidate travel and coordinate travel expense reimbursements.
- Back up to performing HRIS data entry and payroll data entry for new employee and contractor set up.
- Facilitate on-boarding and New Employee Orientation for new hires.
- Work with OD team to ensure 100% compliance of training for new and existing employees.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy of HR information.
- Answer common questions and resolve issues. Escalate to HR Management when appropriate.
- Facilitate employee exit process, including exit interviews, termination packets, paperwork processing, and notifications.
- Support SOX and other audits where HR information is required.
- Prepare and maintain employee personnel files and employee records.
- Provide data to HR team members and for KPI reporting, as necessary.
- Support other Shared Service duties as assigned.
- Backup HR at manufacturing site as needed.
- High school diploma required or BS degree in related field preferred. University Graduates with limited post graduate work history, but with HR related internship(s) will be considered.
- 2 years' experience managing HR processes, preferably in multiple disciplines.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels.
- Advanced PC skills (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint); strong writing skills; self-motivation; the ability to stay current with developments in the field; and the ability to work effectively independently or in teams.
- Ability to influence HR strategy and programs based on business needs
- Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices as appropriate
- Proven ability to lead corporate initiatives
- Program and Project Leadership skills
- Ability to operate in a positive, helpful and productive manner
- A demonstrated high level of comfort interacting with all employee levels from individual contributor to executive
- Proven experience in assisting and coaching senior leadership through change management
- The ability to build trust among organizational leaders by driving performance-oriented results and effectively coordinating the resources of others to contribute to the organization's most pressing priorities
- The ability to be a strategic thinker and develop communication strategy, key messages and tactical execution plans
- Strong customer service orientation
- High energy and passion for interaction with people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a quick moving and change oriented environment
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with a minimum of intermediate skills in Word, Excel and Outlook (skill level will be tested)
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace, high volume environment
- Process mindset and strong detail orientation
- Experience performing data entry and payroll processing strongly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud HCM, SharePoint and Taleo ATS strongly preferred.