Transportation Worker (TRANSCORD.1) Orlando, Florida
POSITION CONCEPT :
Provides scheduled transportation services for children and families as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Assist in development and maintenance of efficient pick-up and delivery route schedules.
- Ensure vehicle is road-worthy, clean, and properly maintained.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner; obey traffic laws and comply with all Eckerd policies and program operating guidelines.
- As assigned, accompany children and youth to designation; document behavior issues.
- Use and maintain car seats as required by law.
- Maintain client supervision until children and youth are either affirmatively transferred to another staff member or to the party responsible for them; comply with Eckerd policies and practices related to client behaviors on vehicle.
- Maintain cell phone contact with the program as needed; Do not operate vehicle while using phone.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience - Prior successful work-related driving experience required. Proven safe driving record required.
Skills - Safe driving skills and practices. Ability to relate to wide diversity of children, youth and adults.
Physical Demands - Ability to transport others; ability to maintain sitting position for the business day; ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds; ability to concentrate on road and traffic conditions, while maintaining order from passengers; must be free of communicable disease as defined by the appropriate state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law; maintain minimum training hours and credentials are defined by Eckerd.
Other - Must meet state criminal background check requirements; ability to work non-traditional work schedule, including evenings and Saturdays.
Travel - Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd's Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must maintain appropriate and valid state driver's license. Must have appropriate vehicle that meets VT regulations and Eckerd policies for transportation.