Software Engineer Perl/PHP
Location: McHenry, Illinois
Follett School Solution's Software Engineer designs, develops, implements, maintains, monitors, and documents complex proprietary software systems and components for our popular ecommerce site Titlewave. In this role you will work directly with business analysts and designers to define projects and create solutions that meet specific customer requirements.
- Prepare various documents including specifications, detailed design descriptions, impact analyses, and reports.
- Perform self-directed study to enhance software engineering skills.
- Coordinate and manage software projects throughout the lifecycle (design, development, testing, implementation, and production).
- Gather required data from business analyst and end users to evaluate goals and objectives, analyze proposed solutions, and create technical specifications.
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
- Create a project plan incorporating variables such as deliverability, performance, maintenance, design, and costs. Create a work breakdown detailing tasks to be performed and milestones to be reached.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the schedule.
- Develop code and program software modules and applications in a format appropriate for the client.
- Create programs to perform unit testing, system testing, acceptance testing, and system monitoring. Reviews and provides comments on the work of other team members.
- Train end users to evaluate effectiveness of implemented software.
- 5-7 years of experience with full stack software development
- Experience with Linux, Perl/PHP and Oracle or other databases
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
The successful candidate enjoys the full life cycle of software development and seeing their efforts come to fruition. You take pride and ownership of each project.