Senior Software Engineer in Test (a1k700000007IHGAA2) San Francisco, California
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we're delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate - and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and #7 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
At salesforce.com our Software Engineers in Test (SETs) are coders, and are involved in the development process from the start. We focus heavily on automation and often write the tests before code has been written.
- You will work with developers, product managers and others collaboratively to deliver awesome features.
- You are the advocate for the customer, and are committed to delivering extremely high quality code.
- You will be solving deep and difficult technical problems.
- You will utilize extensive prior experience to perform functional automated and/or manual testing of features, including writing detailed testing plans and relevant test cases to cover business use cases, error handling and boundary conditions as defined in technical specifications.
- Utilize internal tools to log and track product defects, verify fixes and ensure that features impacted by the code change are regression tested.
- Estimate and prioritize work for optimal risk mitigation.
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior level technical staff.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or related field (or foreign equivalent), plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered, or as a Software Quality Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer or related occupation.
- In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field (or foreign equivalent), plus five (5) years of experience in the job offered, or as a Software Quality Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer or related occupation.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Software Quality Engineering, both black box and white box testing, object oriented programming, Java, Selenium, SQL, failure debugging testing knowledge of Search applications and Relevancy, Agile, and Unit Testing Frameworks.
- Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.