Category Manager - Technology (a1k700000007VHmAAM) Munich, Germany
Category Manager - Technology
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
As the result of continued growth of our business Salesforce.com has an immediate opening for a Technology Category Manager with subject matter expertise in the Network Engineering & Telecommunications, including data center infrastructure, network hardware (switches, routers, load balancers) network services including but not limited to MPLS, DWDM, IP Transit (peering), Content Delivery Networks (CDN), and other technology services. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA. The principal role of this position is to support the Category in the support of executing Salesforce.com’s Strategic Sourcing methodology and on-going category management activities for assigned categories. This person will also lead the sourcing of simple, less complex technical categories.
• Collect data and perform spend analysis, category profiling, then analyze, and report data to explain economic forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques for cost modeling
• Collect information and analyze supplier marketplace data including industry structure and demographics, supplier performance, cost dynamics, etc.
• Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses
• Conduct research on economic issues and disseminate research findings through technical reports
• Forecast production and consumption of renewable resources and supply, consumption and depletion of non-renewable resources and report it’s affect on the category
• Perform benchmarking activities
• Research and monitor category/supplier markets
• Develop quantitative models and tools to support sourcing activities
• Conduct and manage RFx processes, including on-line tools
• Provide category report detailing spend and usage trends, supplier performance metrics, savings, and improvement opportunities, etc.
• Support the identification and develop of contract negotiating strategies
• Support contract development and approval process and provide contract information as requested by appropriate interested internal Business Partners
• Serve as category expert for assigned categories
• Assist as necessary with projects to improve and streamline cross-departmental and cross-category processes
Business Partner Related:
• Develop solid business relationships with internal customers.
• Attend Technical Planning meetings with the business (TechOps, IT, R&D) as needed
• Maintain a high level of ‘Customer Focus’ attitude
• Support developing and conducting Internal Customer Satisfaction surveys including the analysis and report out of results
• Support internal customers by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and on-going supplier management and accountability
• Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers including development, preparation and review of supplier scorecards and performance metrics
• Negotiate pricing and business terms with suppliers
• Partner with suppliers to make recommendations on programs to reduce supplier costs
• Support category managers to resolve major supplier performance issues; Perform supplier on-boarding and termination activities
• Profiling: Maintain supplier database; track user satisfaction by suppliers; identify major industry
• BS/BA in Business, Computer Science, or other related major from reputable 4-year university.
• 6+ years of direct experience in procuring technology related items – focusing on network and telecom
• Strong conceptual and analytical thinking
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Excellent communications skills and follow-up discipline
• Flexibility to adapt to ever changing business situations
• Highly motivated; self-starter
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Must demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and appropriate dissemination of sensitive and confidential information.
• Must make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results.
• Must prioritize and organize work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
• Must accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
• Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
• Experience in Network Engineering a plus
• Experience with Real Estate/Facilities a plus
• Experience within or working with top-tier companies.
• Must be able to win support from customers based on skills, experience and collaboration.
• Strong experience supporting our Finance and Employee Success departments.