Lead/Principal Performance Engineer, Search (a1k700000007Dp5AAE) San Francisco, California
Be a part of the high powered engineering team that is trusted with the performance and scalability of the world’s most advanced enterprise cloud architecture. salesforce.com has moved into the era of billions of transactions per day, and pushing the limits of our performance and scalability has never been more important. The salesforce.com Search Performance Engineering Team is seeking an outstanding engineer to take our search performance test strategy and workloads to the next level. This work is critical to ensure salesforce.com can sustain the tremendous growth we have seen in our transaction and data volumes.
- 8+ years of engineering experience, with at 3+ years in a performance engineering role analyzing, troubleshooting and automating performance workloads on large scale systems.
- A proven track record of optimization and design improvements for performance and scalability.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong communication skills
- A strong desire to help the team with roadblocks and mentor junior engineers to be rockstars
- A mastery of Java, strong Object-Oriented programming skills
- A proven track record of identifying performance and scalability impact at design-time
- Demonstrated experience building, testing and shipping robust and scalable server-side applications
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals and SQL programming. Oracle preferred.
- Strong experience and understanding of JVM internals: Garbage collection, heap dump analysis, tuning and JVM profiling
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ruby development experience
- Experience with large scale search infrastructure. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch a plus
- Experience developing frameworks to for performance measurement and analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of the linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience leading and driving production escalations: monitoring, remediation, patch delivery, root-cause-analysis
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
- Experience with agile and test-driven-development techniques
- Experience with the force.com platform a huge plus