Sales & Agency Relations Specialist
Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois
To successfully broaden and expand our Property & Casualty and Transportation business in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. The qualified candidate would be domiciled in either the Illinois or Wisconsin office. Travel is required over a large geographic area a minimum of 3 to 4 days per week. Strong sales acumen, with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment while exercising an excellent attention to detail. Underwriting experience a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Weekly agency visits to our retail agents in Illinois and Wisconsin to grow our agent base. (Travel between Illinois and Wisconsin – 50% each state.) A minimum of 40 visits per month is required.
- Establishing and growing the agent base to generate new premium growth with both new and our existing 250 clients
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the retail agents to ensure premium volume growth and profitable business as well as customer satisfaction
- Prospecting for new customers (Retail P&C Agencies) via physical visits, telephone or internet
- Following up and cultivating strong relationships with existing customers
- Responsible for working closely with the in house underwriting teams to provide customer feedback on products and services to promote excellent customer experiences for our clients.
- Attendance and participation in sales meetings, trade shows and various educational and social functions to promote markets and products
- Gather and report customer intelligence to underwriting and sales teams
- Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback and serve as an advocate and information source for company. Will attend company approved seminars and other educational activities, necessary to stay current on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the marketplace.
- Must consistently demonstrate a professional, positive, team-oriented attitude, in line with our culture, while successfully preforming duties of the position
- Develop working knowledge of all product lines offered
- Must be able to conduct marketing and sales initiatives successfully in accordance with company strategies, as well as be able to qualify and develop business opportunities with new and existing agents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail accuracy
- Effective decision making skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and manage own schedule
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- Effective time management skills
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to work with multiple interruptions
- A history of personal and business development
- A history of successful business relationships
- Willing and able to travel - to include overnight trips
Education and/or Experience
- 3-5 of commercial underwriting experience or MGA experience