Purpose of role:
To support the Human Resources department by undertaking transactional processing of recruitment, learning and development and employee relations administration. By supporting the HR contact centre by taking and logging calls, by replying to employee email enquiries and by appropriately distribution and logging of incoming and outgoing mail.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- To answer all telephone enquiries within an established timeline, identify priority of calls, log and close calls in accordance with service levels and escalade where necessary.
- Process all HR administration (including stationery ordering, purchase order processing) within agreed service levels giving particular importance to quality.
- Responsible for maintenance of all personnel files.
- To support the HR Business Partners and the International team with administration relating to specific processes and projects.
- To provide a high level of customer service to all customers taking a pro-active approach, following up on queries and ensuring that they are followed up and closed.
- To perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace and responsible for reporting potential risks, real accidents or near misses to relevant managers.
- Develop knowledge of all other areas of the HR Shared Service to provide support and contingency during periods of absence.
- Previous experience of working in an HR environment and / or exposure to CIPD studies
- Computer literate in MS Office
- CHRP qualification preferred
The Body Shop International plc is the original, natural and ethical beauty brand, with more than 2,600 stores in over 60 markets worldwide.
against animal testing
Every one of our products is animal cruelty free and vegetarian. In fact we were the first international cosmetics brand to be recognized under the Humane Cosmetics Standard for our Against Animal Testing policy.
for trading fairly
We believe in fair trade to such an extent, that over 20 years ago we set up our own fair trade programme, called Community Trade. We believe this level of commitment to trading fairly is unique in the cosmetics industry. Community Trade now works with over 30 suppliers in more than 20 countries, providing over 25,000 people across the globe with essential income to build their futures. Most of our products contain Community Trade ingredients.
our five core values
The Body Shop is a leader in promoting greater corporate transparency, and we have been a force for positive social and environmental change through our campaigns around our five core Values: Support Community Trade, Defend Human Rights, Against Animal Testing, Activate Self-Esteem, and Protect Our Planet.
our charitable foundation
We also have our own charity, The Body Shop Foundation. Launched in 1990 (registered charity no. 802757) we give financial support to pioneering, frontline organisations that otherwise have little hope of conventional funding. The Foundation's focus is to assist those working to achieve progress in the areas of human and civil rights, environmental and animal protection.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.co.uk
The Body Shop International plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.