Purpose of role:
Provide support to the AR Team Leader with the management of cash collection and credit control to minimise the risk of bad debt and ensure the ledger remains accurate and in good order.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Proactively chase customers for overdue payments and maintain the integrity of the ledger through best practice and diligent housekeeping
- Perform regular credit assessments and risk reviews for a portfolio of customers, as assigned by the AR Team Leader
- Responsible for operating credit sanctions on a portfolio of customers and where possible providing the necessary level of activity and communication to avoid blocked orders
- Operate the Company’s credit policy and remain within agreed controls and guidelines
- Post cash to customer accounts and allocate against invoices accurately
- Escalate and liaise with international finance and supply chain teams to resolve customer disputes and queries
- To assist where required with the month end reporting requirements
- Continually make recommendations for the development of process by working in partnership with key stakeholders
- Work on ad-hoc projects, as assigned by the AR Team Leader
- Work closely within the teams in the international Zones to ensure best practice and maintain excellent communication
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace and responsible for reporting potential risks, real accidents and near misses to relevant managers
- Champions, supports and participates in The Body Shop’s Values and Campaigns
- To perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Previous credit control experience
- Sound understanding of financial processing
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines and being able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007. Advanced level excel essential
- Knowledge of SAP Version 7 and BW or similar systems
- Experience of negotiating with key stakeholders
- Previous experience of feeding into policy improvements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to resolve problems with a resilient disposition
- Sound communication and negotiation skills
- High standards of customer service
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
- A Credit Industry qualification would be advantageous
The Body Shop International plc is the original, natural and ethical beauty brand, with more than 2,600 stores in over 60 markets worldwide.
against animal testing
Every one of our products is animal cruelty free and vegetarian. In fact we were the first international cosmetics brand to be recognized under the Humane Cosmetics Standard for our Against Animal Testing policy.
for trading fairly
We believe in fair trade to such an extent, that over 20 years ago we set up our own fair trade programme, called Community Trade. We believe this level of commitment to trading fairly is unique in the cosmetics industry. Community Trade now works with over 30 suppliers in more than 20 countries, providing over 25,000 people across the globe with essential income to build their futures. Most of our products contain Community Trade ingredients.
our five core values
The Body Shop is a leader in promoting greater corporate transparency, and we have been a force for positive social and environmental change through our campaigns around our five core Values: Support Community Trade, Defend Human Rights, Against Animal Testing, Activate Self-Esteem, and Protect Our Planet.
our charitable foundation
We also have our own charity, The Body Shop Foundation. Launched in 1990 (registered charity no. 802757) we give financial support to pioneering, frontline organisations that otherwise have little hope of conventional funding. The Foundation's focus is to assist those working to achieve progress in the areas of human and civil rights, environmental and animal protection.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.co.uk
The Body Shop International plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.