Measures Analyst III (BBBH13437) Phoenix, Arizona
MEASURES ANALYST III
Under limited supervision, the Measures Analyst III performs acquisition, validation, warehousing, and analysis of data, with particular focus on survey, case review, medical and prescription drug claims, eligibility, government and non-government based databases (e.g., census, AHRQ, etc.), and other administrative data sources. The Measures Analyst II will work with the Sr. Measures Researchers to develop appropriate research methods; design statistical analysis plans; conducting environmental scans; coordinate and implement impact assessment evaluations; and define project parameters. The Measure Analyst III's primary project responsibility will be analytic support on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Measures Management Special Project.
1. Proficient in evaluating a wide array of data types, including survey, case review, medical and prescription drug claims, and eligibility data.
2. Proficient in using SAS, conducting and interpreting primary analyses, conducting secondary and exploratory analyses, developing appropriate statistical models, determining sample sizes, manipulating complex databases, and tracking and evaluating patterns of care and outcomes.
3. Proficient in performing critical review and synthesis of health care literature related to quality measurement and program evaluation.
4. Assists in updating selected chapters in the Blueprint for the CMS Measures Management System document by conducting literature review and prepare informational presentations associated with these chapters.
5. Upon request, designs and prepares reports supported by tables, charts, and variable text.
6. Upon request, performs critical review and synthesis of the healthcare literature.
7. Proficient in summarizing the primary literature with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Verifies and ensures the accuracy of all assigned tasks, including the documentation and validation of SAS and other programs. Identifies problem areas and develops effective solutions.
9. Attends and participates in team, project, staff, and training meetings. Makes presentations and communicates project results to staff. Represents COMPANY in a professional manner at all times.
10. Stays abreast of changes in database methods, variable definitions, processes of health care delivery, and current analytic methodologies.
11. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the CMS MMS and its associated quality measures, their related initiatives, and relevant statistical issues.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/COMPETENCIES
1. Ability to sit at and use a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
3. Ability to communicate face-to-face and through telecommunications and written correspondence with individuals using the English language.
4. Ability to understand presentation information.
5. Ability to travel occasionally by motor vehicle and/or aircraft.
6. Ability to adhere to established company confidentiality policies.
1. Bachelor's degree with emphasis in a social science; health-related discipline including public health, epidemiology, policy, program evaluation; computer science, mathematics or statistics. Master's degree preferred.
2. A minimum of 5 years of recent experience performing healthcare data analysis using SAS, including experience analyzing eligibility, claims/encounter, provider, healthcare survey, and other forms of healthcare data.
3. Experience evaluating systems, with experience evaluating health care systems using a "systems" approach.
4. Knowledge of the SAS programming language, including Base SAS, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH. SAS certification preferred.
5. Experience in writing white papers, factsheets, and/or reports to a general public audience preferred.
6. Experience with relational databases, SQL, and other reporting tools.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
10. Recent experience in managing projects, including identifying requirements, determining priorities, and tracking and resolving issues.