Intermediate IT Support Analyst (10908BR) Vancouver, Canada
|Salary:||Competitive Salary, Full Benefits upon Joining,|
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
This role will be a mix of helpdesk IT support to end users, back office operations and field IT work for a mostly Microsoft-powered enterprise. The successful candidate will be an individual who strives to provide technical excellence with a focus on customer satisfaction while adhering closely to ITIL best practices and overall IT objectives and policies.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitor and update the internal service delivery system for assigned tickets and assigned locations and/or projects and action accordingly;
- Break/Fix troubleshooting, repair and configuration of desktop and laptop computers, network printers/scanners, mobile phones and other customer equipment;
- Fulfill requests for hardware and software for new and existing users through the Helpdesk ;
- Deploy images and software to computers locally and remotely;
- Resolve problems quickly and effectively by working with end-users via remote control programs, phone and email;
- Support phone systems in various offices (principal site office and project site offices);
- Manage the breakdown, relocation and set-up of workstations to accommodate user relocations, site relocation, site remodels and new location installations as assigned by Unit IT Coordinator;
- Manage time efficiently to ensure SLAs are met. Able to provide emergency non-business-hours support to users and offices and rotational weekend support as scheduled;
- Promote and adhere to departmental and organizational information security policies, standards and procedures;
- Able to quickly escalate, provide assistance to junior team members and communicate with peers and other technicians in other regions; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for this role include:
- Relevant post secondary education in the IT field from an accredited university or college;
- Minimum 3 years experience with desktop and back office environments;
- Proven experience supporting Windows 7 Enterprise as well as Windows Server 2008;
- Proven experience in supporting both Dell and HP hardware and Microsoft Office 2010 software suite is required;
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, including Internet functionality, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and VPN. Knowledge of IPv6, Direct Access and AD policy would also be helpful;
- Some understanding of telecommunications, wiring, hub/switch/routers, server environments and storage;
- Experience with Service-Now! and ITIL Foundation methodology would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Livelink or Sharepoint would be an asset;
- Knowledge of engineering software such as Autodesk, ESRI and Bentley products is a clear advantage, but not required;
- Excellent command of the English Language, written and verbal;
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization;
- Ability to take direction, assume personal responsibility for quality and follow through on assigned tasks and projects to business satisfaction; and,
- Willingness to travel on occasion as needed.