Senior Scheduler (8111BR) Vancouver, Canada
||Competitive Salary, Benefits, Pension
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned firm, with over 2,000 staff in North America. We provide technical and innovative solutions touching many areas of everyday life, including transportation, water, wastewater and the environment. As an award-winning infrastructure company focused on the transportation and water and wastewater sectors, we specialize in: aviation, bridges & highways, ports & harbours, rail & transit, rail systems, tunnels, and water (municipal infrastructure) & wastewater.
To support our increasing workload, HMM's Vancouver office is looking for a high performance Senior Scheduler to join our team.
This is an opportunity to join an organization that is committed to quality deliverables.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Development of a realistic project plan and schedule to meet the project objectives;
- Ensuring that all HMM standards, procedures and systems for project planning and scheduling are followed;
- Coordinating all aspects of the planning and scheduling functions across all work locations and ensuring the schedules are integrated into one integrated EPCM schedule;
- Overall progress measurement systems covering engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction progress and productivity reporting across all work locations;
- Implementation of project planning procedures in accordance with HMM standards and preparation and maintenance of the timeline for the development and setup of the various schedules and progress measurement systems;
- Ensuring plans and schedules are prepared and integrated according to project and Hatch standards and contract requirements;
- Ensuring schedule assessment and analysis is performed and reported including the incorporation of project trends and changes;
- Maintaining the schedule Basis of Schedule Document to provide full visibility on the current schedule assumptions, risks, and opportunities;
- Assuming responsibility for all aspects of the planning and scheduling among all locations including staffing, consistent methods / procedures, compliance with the contract, schedule assurance and team work;
- Performing periodic project schedule risk analysis;
- Consolidating progress reporting into the overall project progress measurement system;
- Ensuring consistent functionality of progress measurement systems for all locations;
- Setting project goals and objectives for team members and clearly communicating these to team members;
- Providing an environment for team members to develop personal skills and potential;
- Supervising and developing other planning, scheduling and specialist support staff.
|Skills and Experience required for this role include:
- Relevant post secondary training
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in planning/scheduling including analyzing, estimating, planning, forecasting and scheduling project tasks;
- Understanding of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), task dependencies, effort estimation, Network Diagram, Critical Path, Gantt Chart and Earned Value;
- Experience with planning software (Primavera P3 & P6 and MS Project);
- Extensive experience in project scheduling for all phases of projects (feasibility, design, construction);
- Strong presentation skills in front of colleagues and clients;
- Solid understanding of all engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication disciplines;
- International planning experience would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experiences to support;
- Experience in project reporting and progress measurement systems