Technical Writer (12247BR) Vancouver, Canada
|Salary:||Competitive Compensation, Strong Benefits, Pension|
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Marketing Lead, Western Canada, the successful candidate will be involved in gathering technical information from our engineering team and other sources, and then creating engaging, high quality, detailed literature for proposal and qualification submissions, brochures and other internal and external communications. The successful candidate will have a track record of success and will pride themselves on their ability to develop clear, concise, and high quality documents.
Responsibilities in this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Composing engaging proposal text, marketing literature, press releases and award submissions;
- Writing various engineering proposal sections based on written contributions from engineering and project management teams, including Executive Summaries, Project Descriptions/ Qualification Summaries, Project Task Methodologies, key HMM differentiators, etc., as required;
- Conducting informative interviews with HMM employees to create appropriate technical papers and submissions;
- Coordinating with proposal managers and stakeholders from initial proposal enquiry to final submission, working to established timelines, and ensuring milestones are met;
- Coordinating the technical information of the various disciplines in such a manner that the submission has a uniform and consistent appearance;
- Editing and proofreading documentation to ensure continuity and compliance with legal, technical and marketing specifications; and,
- Mentoring other HMM employees on effective technical writing practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma or degree in English/Journalism/Communications/Marketing; or Engineering/Technical degree/diploma; or demonstrated equivalent experience;
- Five or more years of experience in technical proposal writing for engineering or professional services;
- Knowledgeable about or interest in the consulting engineering industry and markets;
- Ability and interest to work with engineering and other technical professionals to create engaging written materials;
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent writing skills, with the ability to promote professional services in a clear and persuasive manner;
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to take initiative and follow-through on tasks;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work additional hours to meet tight submission deadlines; and,
- Proficiency with MS Office tools is required; working knowledge of Adobe, InDesign and Visio would be an asset.
The successful candidate must be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured, deadline-driven environment. Some travel to other HMM offices may be required.