Cost Estimator (8113BR) Vancouver, Canada
|Salary:||Benefits, Vacation, Pension|
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned firm, with over 2,000 staff in North America. We provide technical and innovative solutions touching many areas of everyday life, including transportation, water, wastewater and the environment. As an award-winning infrastructure company focused on the transportation and water and wastewater sectors, we specialize in: aviation, bridges & highways, ports & harbours, rail & transit, rail systems, tunnels, and water (municipal infrastructure) & wastewater.
We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior level Cost Estimator to work in our Vancouver office. Seniority will be based on the level of experience.
This is an opportunity to join an organization that is committed to quality deliverables.
- Develop cost estimates for DB and EPCM projects for both front end planning studies as well as detailed engineering phases of multidisciplinary projects;
- Develop cost estimates for a range of studies ranging from order of magnitude to definitive estimates;
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the project estimating team;
- Regularly reviewing the estimate status at both discipline and management levels;
- Developing and presenting basis of estimate, estimate walk plans and cost estimates for capital, operating and sustaining capital costs for projects.
Skills and Experience required for this role include:
- 5+ years experience in an estimating role within a multi discipline EPCM, Construction or Contracting environment in the industrial or infrastructure industries;
- Engineering diploma or degree preferred OR extensive experience may substitute for post-secondary requirements;
- Experience with relevant estimating software (CCS, Prism,etc)
- Demonstrated basic understanding of all engineering disciplines;
- Knowledge of the compilation of Order of Magnitude / Pre-feasibility / Feasibility estimates;
- Sound estimating knowledge of international projects would be an asset.
If joining a well respected company that knows how to deliver high calibre work and celebrate success is of interest to you, please sumit your resume to us!
All applications will be hend in confidence and only those people selected for interview will be contacted.