Senior Data Architect (45026) Atlanta, Georgia
This role is responsible for developing strategic solutions to complex problems throughout the organization involving source system planning, data acquisition, subject area portfolio management, stewardship and governance. Responsible for acting as a data warehouse expert across the technical product suite, this individual will lead scoping prototypes and proactive source system development activities. Working alongside the operational domain stewards, this individual will identify operational needs and facilitate the definition of requirements and the planning for overall data requirement fulfillment. Requires strong technical capacities in the data warehouse lifecycle, strong logical and physical data modeling skills, and strong analytical, facilitation, project management and communication skills. Ability to solve highly complex business problems by providing sound technical solutions.
1. Providing technical guidance to project teams in the development of project prototypes/project scoping efforts
2. Capable in the Oracle, Informatica, OBIEE and SAS environments
3. Insuring the integration of metadata across the tool suite
4. Insure the usage and development of the Meta Data repository
5. Assisting in defining data quality metrics, standards and guidelines for using data
6. Drafting and communicating data integration strategies and visions
7. Assuring that sensitive data, regardless of format, is protected at all times by
only using approved equipment, networks and other controls
8. Championing the integration of data governance within the standard project methodology
9. Ensuring that standard project methodology is followed and that policies, procedures
and metrics are in place for maintaining/improving data quality and the creation,
capture and maintenance of metadata
10. Ensuring that all strategic data is modeled, named and defined consistently
11. Ensuring that projects source and utilize data as much as is feasible from the designated
system of record
12. Providing technical support for project prototypes and source feed development
13. Providing technical support for data governance and data cleansing efforts where
14. Ensuring that metadata critical to data governance is included in the metadata resource
and is accessible
15. Supporting/sharing knowledge with other architects
16. Communicating new and changed business requirements, issues and problems to individuals who may be impacted
17. Communicating concerns, issues and problems with data to the individuals who can
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Data transformation, Data Warehousing and SDLC); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 5+ years knowledge and experience of data administration
3. Knowledge and experience of business intelligence design and tools
4. Experience in large scale data integration and data warehouse solutions
5. Experience with Oracle 10g, 11g with high availability systems
6. Exposure to reporting tools and Metadata
7. Strong knowledge of OLTP and Dimensional design strategies
8. Strong knowledge of key concepts of Enterprise Application Integrations (EAI)
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. IT, MIS, Computer Science, Technology, etc.).
2. Experience with large databases (>2 TB)
3. Self-motivated, conceptual thinker, highly creative
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and functions for all development teams
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a
tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.