Professional Services Consultant 3 (4333) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Portfolio Manager position
Role is primarily responsible for the development, maintenance, and ongoing execution around the Support Services portfolio within Aviat Networks. This position works closely with Product PLM to ensure our Support Services portfolio is kept up to date as new products are released with the appropriate Support related services available. Works with Sales and Service Business Development to ensure our portfolio of value added services are current and packaged in support of the business. Works closely with Marketing to ensure appropriate messaging across the various customer communication tools (online, web, press releases, marketing brochures, customer presentations) are current and relevant. In the context of this role, Global Support Services represents all the services Aviat Networks delivers once the product has been installed and made operational within a customer’s network.
The role is accountable for ensuring Aviat Networks has the appropriate portfolio of Support Services to compete in the MW Transmissions business at a competitive price point that maximizes the return from the market. This role is accountable for driving benchmarking activities for our services (pricing, capabilities, performance levels) against the leading industry best practices. Also key within this role is an ability to do market research that helps support our go to market strategies for the Support Services business.
As noted, this role is critical in bringing our Services to market. Must work closely with with Marketing Communications to create/revise collateral including brochures, datasheets, presentations, website content, case studies, etc. Defines and brings to market new service solutions that will help drive Aviat’s overall value proposition to our customers. Must also partner with internal teams as well as external partners to plan and bring these solutions to market.
- Portfolio prime for the Support Services business including: plan, develop, price, package, deploy everything required to introduce Support Services into the portfolio and to the customer. Also must maintain the existing portfolio as it evolves to meet changes in product, market or customer requirements.
- Administer the Global Support Services (GSS) SharePoint site which includes creating/managing all sector review packages, evolution of KPI (key performance indicators) for GSS, expansion of the site to key links and systems required to manage the support service business. Responsible for leveraging the site to improve communication to the Sectors, simplify the selling of support services and drive the MLA business. Partner with Strategic Marketing to leverage Tableau for future KPI reporting for GSS.
- Administrator the ongoing evolution of our corporate Services Portal (internal website) where all collateral, case studies, Sales cheat sheets, Sales presentations, etc. are made available for internal employees globally to assist in driving service solution selling.
- Lead service business development initiatives to bring new service solutions to market as required to resolve customer pain points. Partner with Sales, PLM, Field Services, Order Mgmt. and others as required to create service offerings to package for selling at competitive prices with healthy margins, and to ensure successful implementation for targeted markets/customers.
- Market Development prime for all GSS offerings. This includes the development of new service offerings or bundles, website development/modifications and GSS collateral such as brochures, datasheets, presentations, case studies, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with Order Management, Finance, Accounting, IT, Sales, and Operations to identify and deploy new processes or tools to help manage the Support Services portfolio as a business unit. This includes accuracy in order entry, order processing, part number management, revenue recognition, customer invoicing, etc.
- Provide support into the Sector specific Service Business Development primes globally as required to help position new or existing services from a value add perspective to drive required business growth and retain customers
- Primes market research efforts in regards to competitors and industry best practices that can be leveraged actionable efforts to drive marketing programs, pricing changes, packaging of services and overall operational recommendation that allow Aviat Networks to improve our overall Customer Satisfaction levels with our Services.
- Manage industry association relationships; participate in benchmarking, primary research, and customer satisfaction survey development.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high technology industry with a minimum of 5 years in a service management role (service sales, program management, operations, marketing, or business development).
- Must have strong business acumen, be commercially oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Telecom and/or wireless backhaul networking preferred. Understanding of industry products and technologies required.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Must have high sense of urgency and be forward thinking.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical, problem solving and creative thinking abilities.
- Ability to clearly articulate and influence change.
- Participate in and direct diverse teams (e.g. cross functional, cross cultural, cross geographic teams) to accomplish results while building relationships with Sales and PLM specifically plus others as required.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills; prime for tackling problems and driving resolution directly and promptly.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. Knowledge of Oracle, Siebel, or SalesForce.com preferred.
- Service product management and service introduction experience preferred
- Experience with Mobile Operators, State and Local governments, Utilities and Tier 1/2/3 Service Providers a plus.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!