Senior Storage Engineer (4286) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Storage Engineer position
- Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of storage infrastructure.
- Assist with defining IT strategy and architecture standards and drive projects to adhere to these standards.
- Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with best practices and Company change management policies.
- Documentation of design, system builds, configurations, and support procedures. Communication and presentation of ideas in a concise manner.
- Design data migration architecture as required.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for the following areas: Business Continuity, High Availability, Backup, Recovery and Archiving.
- NetApp Systems Manager, Operations Manager, SnapManager, SnapVault, SnapMirror and SnapRestore - Configure/Support.
- NetApp SAN(FC/iSCSI) and NAS(CIFS/NFS) - Design/Configure/Support.
- NetApp Disk, RAID-4/DP, Aggregate and Volume(including FlexVol) - Configure/Support.
- Storage connectivity to NetApp for Linux, VMWare ESX, Citrix XenApp, Solaris, and Windows - Configure/Support.
- Troubleshooting issues using a working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems concepts including CIFS protocol, WINS/DNS name resolution and share/NTFS permissions.
- Configuration and administration of various storage devices and vendor (Sun, EMC, NetApp,etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with NetApp flagship technologies (DFM, SnapManager, FilerView, OnTap).
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting NFS, CIFS, iSCSI.
- Experience with Cisco's UCS server platform preferred.
- Experience administering and supporting VMWare ESX and Citrix XenServer platforms a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues on SAN switches and storage arrays.
- Strong hands on experience on ONTAP 8.x -7 Mode and Cluster mode.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make informal presentations.
- NCIE Certifications preferred.
- Basic understanding of tape technology as it pertains to offline backup and recovery connectivity including backup and recovery to tape using the NDMP protocol.
- Location: Santa Clara, CA or San Antonio, TX
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!