Signal Integrity Engineer (4495) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Signal Integrity Engineer
- The Signal Integrity Engineer will be responsible for Signal & Power Integrity needs of all Aviat Network projects at board and system level. He/ She would work as a part of a small team of highly skilled system engineers, digital architects and hardware developers in the development of the next generation networking products, from concept to production.
- The Signal Integrity Engineer would be responsible for concurrent schematic & SI simulation, generation / review of design constrains, Pre and Post layout Signal Integrity analysis and post layout optimization. He/ She would also assist in EMI/EMC analysis and also contribute significantly to the development of best practices for designs employing high speed memories and SERDES transmission lines.
- Perform in an expert capacity.
- Work with system architects and engineers to determine methods and procedures for new projects.
- Drive the specification, design and validation of high-speed serial interfaces, high-speed parallel buses, and system backplanes.
- Work with the hardware and PCB layout team to ensure that printed PCB designs achieve first pass success.
- Perform & Document SI/ PI DVT measurements and correlation to simulations
- Research new PCB technologies to enhance new product directions.
- May re-evaluate and tune the design & implementations of current products.
- BSEE or equivalent required; Masters is desirable.
- 10 + years of professional experience in the field of signal integrity design and analysis.
- Expertise in signal integrity modeling, simulation, design constrains generation, system timing analysis and SI verification.
- Expertise in Power integrity - current profile generation, impedance profiling, and modeling power delivery from components to PCB, in multi-board systems.
- Expertise in high speed channel design for speeds greater than 16 Gbps.
- Knowledge & working experience with Industry standard SI/ PI tools - Cadence PCB SI, Sigrity Power DC, Mentor HyperLynx/ ICX pro, HSPICE, Ansys SiWave . Knowledge of Ansys HFSS, Agilent ADS and AWR Microwave office is an added plus.
- Thorough understanding of high-speed design concepts and practices.
- Expertise in test methodologies and use of advanced test equipment. Familiarity and fundamental understanding of lab measurement equipment Oscilloscopes, TDR, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), etc.
- Expertise in PCB technologies.
- Knowledge of networking hardware design. Familiarity with analysis of interfaces such as DDR3, XAUI, 10KR, SATA, PCI-e Gen2/ Gen 3 is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to interact with management and other members of the team in a professional, positive manner.
Apply NOW to learn more!